The D-Volleyball Commission is a permanent committee of Volleyball Australia set up by the Volleyball Australia Board to establish, develop, manage and promote Volleyball for people with a disability in Australia.
The D-Volleyball Commission’s Strategic Plan aims to provide guidelines for D-Volleyball in Australia through identifying strategic priorities.
The key values and principles of the plan are:
- Partnership development
- Continuous improvement
The Plan has a focus on Sitting Volleyball, Standing Beach Volleyball and Deaf Volleyball.
It is the aim of the Commission to enable the person with a disability to participate in Volleyball in Australia from social to elite standards, from club level to the Paralympics.
The D-Volleyball Commission consists of the following members as at February, 2014:
- Barry Couzner - Chairperson
- Heather Brown – Deputy Chair and Sitting Volleyball Program Manager
- Greg Ophel – Deaf Volleyball Representative
- Nic Kaiser – Standing Volleyball Representative
- Weiping Tu - Sitting Volleyball Representative
- Verity Hanka – Sport Development Manager
A number of Australians perform international duties for World ParaVolley:
- Barry Couzner – Chair, World ParaVolley Technical Commission, Technical Delegate and Technical Official Instructor
- Weiping Tu – World ParaVolley Coach Instructor, Level 3 Technical Official
- Dr Stephen Giugni - World ParaVolley International Referee and Beach Volleyball representative on the Volleyball Refereeing Commission of World ParaVolley
- Dr Andrew Davison - World ParaVolley International Referee and representative on Volleyball Australia’s Volleyball Refereeing Commission
Questions regarding the D-Volleyball Commission may be directed to the Sport Development Manager.