Clubs and Associations are critical to the delivery of volleyball and beach volleyball in Australia. As such it is important that they are able to access support and resources to improve their ability to attract players, coaches, officials and administrators and implement improved organisational processes that reflect current best practice in Australian sport.
The Portal is designed to assist and support Clubs and Associaitons in the areas of capacity building, participation growth and club sustainability. Recognising the vital role that clubs play in growing the game, this portal has been developed as a whole of industry initiative to assist with resources and information on running a successful volleyball club. Our goal is to lead, partner and support the growth in participation, performance and profile of Volleyball in Australia
Assistance from Volleyball Australia & affiliated Member States
For assistance in any area relating to club and association development the following volleyball organisations are available to club and association representatives:
Volleyball Australia- Nic Kaiser
Australian Sports Commission's Club Development Network
Possibly the most comprehensive resource available to assist clubs and associations in Australia is the Australian Sports Commission's Club Development Network. The Club DEvelopment Network is a free web-based program that supports the development and management capacity of sporting clubs and associations. The network helps identify ways in which clubs and associations can be improved so they can provide the best possible service to their members.
Membership benefits include:
- A simple checklist that helps identify how the club is performing in various aspects of its management and operation, and helps to develop an action plan;
- Regular updates via the club development electronic newsletter, . The newsletter covers a range of topics dealing with all aspects of running an effective club or association;
- Access to the web-based Resource Library, which has a wealth of club-friendly resources to help a club or association address its needs; and
- Resources range from templates for a strategic plan through to fact sheets on how to run a safe sausage sizzle. It is all there waiting for clubs and associations to log on and print.
Membership to the Club Development Network is free and to access a membership for your club or association or to find out further how your club or association can benefit from this program:
- Go to the Club Development Network Website;
- Freecall: 1300 130 121; or
- Email the ASC Club Development Network
State Offices of Sport & Recreation
Another avenue of support for clubs and associations is government organisations within your State or local area that are responsible for sport development. These organisations can not only provide information, with many provding opportunities for clubs and associations to access financial support for special projects. For further information visit the websites of the State organisations identified below: